Thursday 1 May 2008

Crochet Cup Cozy - Free Pattern

This one is an easy stashbusting project which was originally intended to be a Crocheted Belt. However, since I can only work on my knitting during weekends I had not been able to complete it before I signed up for a Sit 'n Knit Meetup. On the night before the meetup I saw a mail from our group administrator Anne-Marie that there was a cup cozy contest and those of us who get a cup cozy would be given an extra raffle ticket for the yarn draw.

Both were good enough insentives for me... :) so in a matter of about 15mins I converted my 3 crocheted squares into a cup cozy.
Here is what I did.

Motif Pattern:


Step1: Chain(ch) 4.
Step2: Join with a slip stitch(ss) to the first chain to form a ring.
Step3: ch1, 12 single chains(sc) in the ring. ss with 1st ch.
Step4: ch3 and 1double crochet (dc) in first sc, *1dc in the next 2 stitches(2), 2dc in the next sc, repeat from * to the end. ss in beginning ch3
Step5: ch3 and 1dc in the first dc, *1dc in the next 3 dc, 2dc in the next dc, repeat from * to the end. ss in beginning ch3. Bind off.

For Cup Cozy:
Make 3 squares.
Join the sides of the three squares to form a ring.
SC around the top edge and bottom edge of the ring. (2rows)
Bind Off
Weave in ends.

Ravel it here. You know you could totally wear this as a Cuff. Look at my winning photo below.
Well that's that...

At the Sit 'n Knit Spring Party, as usual I met some new very cool knitters and crocheters as well as some I had already met in the past meetups.

That's Meli modelling her handknit sweater happily :)

And guess what? I won yarn in the first raffle draw :D. I almost squealed... (it's me).


That's Lyni wearing her awesome cotton knit top.
No I am not sleeping... :) I had to sink in the win :)

The yarn is gorgeous.


It was donated by a very awesome lace knitter Annmarie (Yeah the same name as our organizer but two different ladies - and if you noticed the names are spelled differently).

All in all... an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment